Ms. Koch has over 25 years of experience both as a Human Resources Analyst and Manager and as a consultant. She has been certified as an expert witness in classification and compensation and has extensive experience in developing and implementing recruitments, providing training for staff and administrators, developing policies and procedures, providing consult in contract negotiations, resolving grievances, supporting managers regarding employee disciplinary matters, and participating in organizational planning.
Some of Ms. Koch’s recent accomplishments include:
- Serving as the Human Resources Manager for a public agency, determining and addressing all Human Resources needs.
- Acting as a Senior Human Resources Analyst responsible for providing all aspects of Human Resources and Employee Relations support for Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Public Health services for a County government.
- Providing primary Human Resources support for City Departments including Fire, Housing and Redevelopment, and Water/Wastewater Treatment and as needed support for Public Works, Parks and Recreation, Administrative Services, Community Development and Police Departments.
- Developing and providing training in Harassment-Free Workplace, the Affordable Care Act, Performance Evaluations, Disciplinary Procedures, Foundations of Customer Service, etc.
- Developing Human Resources policies and procedures and employee handbooks.
- Coordinating an employee recognition program.
- Writing staff reports and resolutions to go before City Councils and Boards of Supervisors.
- Managing and participating in classification and compensation studies.
- Conducting comparability studies for a variety of public agencies in California and nationally.
Ms. Koch was employed as a Human Resources professional for Sacramento County, the City of Napa, the City of Vacaville, and Solano County and as the Human Resources Manager for the Town of Corte Madera. She has developed classification and compensation plans for non-profit organizations. She has also provided research and testimony for arbitration hearings, adjustment boards, Civil Service Commissions and City Councils and in relation to fact-finding for negotiation impasse procedures.
- California State University, Sacramento MBA
- University of California, Berkeley BA